In this article, we will have explained the necessary steps to install and configure Vivaldi on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. Before continuing with this tutorial, make sure you are logged in as a user with sudo privileges. All the commands in this tutorial should be run as a non-root user.
Vivaldi is a quiet instant web browser. Created and developed by a former Opera developer, it adds many particularly good options.
Main features of Vivaldi:
- Speed dial which allows access to favorite websites in each new tab and permits organizing favorite websites into folders.
- The browser supports quick text commands.
- Built-in notes taking tool.
- Side panel with fast access to bookmarks, downloads and notes.
- Custom search engines support.
- Allows side-by-side browsing using a side panel.
- Tab management.
- Session management.
- Allows previewing open tabs.
- Tab cycling.
- Tab stacks (you can drop a tab on top of another to create a stack).
- Restore closed tabs or blocked pop-ups from the Vivaldi trash can.
- Tab stack tiling (view stacked tabs in a grid or side-by-side).
- Mouse gestures and keyboard shortcuts.
- User interface scaling.
- Adaptive interface color.
Install Vivaldi on Ubuntu
Step 1. First, before you start installing any package on your Ubuntu server, we always recommend making sure that all system packages are updated.
sudo apt update sudo apt upgrade
Step 2. Install Vivaldi web browser.
We adding a Vivaldi repository and keyring:
wget -qO- http://repo.vivaldi.com/stable/linux_signing_key.pub | sudo apt-key add - sudo add-apt-repository "deb [arch=i386,amd64] http://repo.vivaldi.com/stable/deb/
Finally check updates and install the web browser via command:
sudo apt install vivaldi-stable
Step 3. Accessing Vivaldi Browser.
You can start the Vivaldi browser from command line by executing:
Optional, to remove Vivaldi, do:
sudo apt remove vivaldi*
That’s all you need to do to Vivaldi on Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver. I hope you find this quick tip helpful. If you have questions or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below.