In this article, we will have explained the necessary steps to install and configure qBittorrent on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. Before continuing with this tutorial, make sure you are logged in as a user with
sudo privileges. All the commands in this tutorial should be run as a non-root user.
qBittorrent is a full-fledged BitTorrent client for Ubuntu that supports BitTorrent techniques like Dynamic Host Tracking, Magnet links, bandwidth control, and many more. qBittorrent available on all platforms: Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, and FreeBSD. Also, available in 70 languages approximately.
- uTorrent like user interface
- Integrated search engine for searching torrent files over other Torrent search sites
- qBittorrent Supports BitTorrent extensions such as Magnet links, Distributed hash table, peer exchange protocol, local peer discovery.
- Has inbuilt web interface similar to regular GUI
- Sequential downloading
- Create and publish torrents
- Schedule and limit the Bandwidth
- Supports IPv6 protocol
Install qBittorrent on Ubuntu 20.04
Step 1. First, before you start installing any package on your Ubuntu server, we always recommend making sure that all system packages are updated.
Step 2. Install qBittorrent on the Ubuntu system.
Run the following command to install qBittorrent on Ubuntu system:
Once the installation is finished, you can open qBittorrent from the Ubuntu applications menu or run the command from your terminal:
That’s all you need to do to installing qBittorrent on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Focal Fossa. I hope you find this quick tip helpful. For further reading on qBittorrent, please refer to their official knowledge base. If you have questions or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below.