In this article, we will have explained the necessary steps to install NetBeans IDE on Debian 11. Before continuing with this tutorial, make sure you are logged in as a user with
sudo privileges. All the commands in this tutorial should be run as a non-root user.
Install NetBeans IDE on Debian 11
Step 1. The first command will update the package lists to ensure you get the latest version and dependencies.
sudo apt update sudo apt upgrade
Step 2. Install Java JDK.
You need to install Java JDK as a required package on your system:
sudo apt install default-jdk
To verify the version of the installed Java development kit, run the command below:
Step 3. Install NetBeans IDE on the Debian system.
Installing NetBeans on your Debian system is straightforward, All you need to do is open a terminal and run the following command to download on the Apache NetBeans from the official website:
To run the Apache NetBeans installer, set the executable permission to it:
chmod 700 Apache-NetBeans-*-bin-linux-x64.sh
Run the installation script as a non-root user with
sudo rights it as follows:
- Click Next or Customize the installation packs and runtimes.
- Click the checkbox to accept the terms in the license agreement and then click Next.
- Choose the Apache NetBeans installation folder and JDK for Apache NetBeans. You do not have to choose them manually; the installer will detect the installation folder and the location of JDK automatically.
- Optionally, you can allow NetBeans to Check for Updates of installed plugins. Then click Install to begin the installation.
- The installation will take a while. Finally, click Finish to complete the installation.
Step 4. Launch Netbeans IDE on Debian 11 Bullseye.
Once the installation is done, go to the Application launcher, and there find this IDE. As its icon appears, click to run the same.
That’s all you need to do to install NetBeans IDE on Debian (Bullseye). I hope you find this quick tip helpful. For further reading the Apache NetBeans tooling platform and application Framework on Debian’s system, please refer to their official knowledge base. If you have questions or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below.